What else will happen if I forget call close() when I finished a JavaScript background tasks ? RRS feed

• Question

• What else will happen if I forget call close() when I finished a JavaScript background tasks ?

Since that I find that "Note that JavaScript background tasks must call close() to terminate when they are done, so they don't continue to consume the user's memory and battery." But it didn't mention other influence .

Now I find that it will affect the SetTrigger(trigger);for example :var trigger = new Windows.ApplicationModel.Background.MaintenanceTrigger(15, false);So it will disorganize that "A system trigger that goes off every 15 minutes as long as the device is plugged in to AC power".

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:24 AM

All replies

• hello,

Could you share a sample to reproduce the issue? that will be helpful for us to test.

thanks.

Yanping Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

I meant that I  run a backgroundTaskwhen my app start ,but when the backgroundTask completed,I forget to call the close(),and  I find that this will affect the backgroundTask start at the next time .It just likes disrupting the result that every 15 minutes to start the backgroundTask。But I don't know why,Thanks!

Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:20 AM