Using Data mining techniques to write a product recommendation script RRS feed

• Question

• User1904999316 posted

Hi all,

Actually I'm working on a small school project about Data mining. Our professor asked us to use Data mining techniques to create an application to recommend products to clients. And I thought it will be better to use C#/MVC to build this application us I'm more familiar with .Net technologies and I have a little experience with E-commerce projects,  but I'm not sure where to start from and I would really appreciate it if you can guide me to the right way by giving me some examples, articles or books...

In the past I created a "related items module" to display related items in the item details page but it was only using departments/categories relationship, but what we need now is something like: a customer purchased sugar and flour ===> hmmm may be he is planning on baking a cake so let's recommend eggs...

Thanks,

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-434868552 posted

@medlag   TIMTOWTDI

sounds like you're looking for subsets:  you'd need a database of things, e.g.:  

cake (sugar, flour, ... )

cookie (sugar, flour, ... )

Then you'd perform a query:  show me ALL items containing BOTH sugar and flour.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7:58 PM
  • User-1151753377 posted

Hi medlag,

Thank you for your post.

Something about Data Mining, you could have a look the article and hope this will give your derection.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174949(v=sql.110).aspx

Regards & Summer

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:56 PM