none
[UWP] Wrong logo shown in the Windows Store for our app

Question

• Hi,

We have a problem with the Store logo of our UWP app Seznam.cz:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh2sqv7

Windows Store shows wrong icon than the one we uploaded in Package.appxmanifest as the "Store logo". In the manifest we use transparent icons for all tiles as except the Store logo that we want to have red with white background. Unfortunately the Store still shows the transarent logo.

Since the branding of our app is very important to us, what shoudl we do to fix the app icon?
    We've already tried to resubmit newer version of our package but with no success.

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hello Seznam,

The Store Logo actually appears in Dev Center Dashboard, app review page or "My Library". So you could replace your previous square 150x150 logo with the image have red with white background.

For specific details about the use of required asset, you may refer to the form below:

Additionally, you can use UWP Tile Generator to automatically generate all the required tiles for your Store listing with simply right-clicking .png image in Visual Studio. Just create a new submission with new manifest visual assets configuration to update your real Store icon.

For more details, please refer to Guidelines for tile and icon.

Thanks for your post.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew WuModerator Monday, December 12, 2016 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Seznam cz Monday, February 27, 2017 9:07 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Did you do these steps?

• Open your package.appxmanifest
    • Access to the tab "Visual Assets"
    • Select store Logo
    • To "Background" property put your red hexa code or "Red"

Hope it wil be useful.

If it's good for you, can you mark this answer as answer of your question please?

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/NordineMhoumadi

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread. SVP utiliser le Marquer comme reponse; sur les reponses qui vous aide car cela permet aux personnes qui peuvent rencontrer le meme probleme que vous, de retrouver rapidement quelle est la reponse qui a resolu leur probleme. De plus, cela encourage aussi la personne qui a repondu a votre question, et de repondre aux suivantes...

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:10 AM
  • This is not the behavior we want. We want to have transparent background on regular tiles and full, solid white background with red S on Store logo.
    Friday, December 9, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Hello Seznam,

The Store Logo actually appears in Dev Center Dashboard, app review page or "My Library". So you could replace your previous square 150x150 logo with the image have red with white background.

For specific details about the use of required asset, you may refer to the form below:

Additionally, you can use UWP Tile Generator to automatically generate all the required tiles for your Store listing with simply right-clicking .png image in Visual Studio. Just create a new submission with new manifest visual assets configuration to update your real Store icon.

For more details, please refer to Guidelines for tile and icon.

Thanks for your post.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew WuModerator Monday, December 12, 2016 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Seznam cz Monday, February 27, 2017 9:07 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 6:44 AM
  • If the "Store logo" is not actually used in Store, then there is a huge misinformation going on in the Package.appxmanifest documentation and the UX. Just like my first screenshot says. the Hint for Store logo clearly says that this icon appears on the Store description page, which is apparently wrong.

Another issue is we want to have different logo on Square icon and different in Store. This was possible since we published our first app for Windows Phone 7 and suddenly it's not possible, how come?

I'm quite disappointed with this behavior and my wrong expectation, that the "Store logo" is actually used as a store logo.

Edit, I'm wondering where can I originally find that table with assets usage? I have not found it anywhere on MSDN. Thanks.

• Edited by Seznam cz Monday, December 12, 2016 10:02 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 9:45 AM