UWP Cannot resolve assembly System.Windows.Forms RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a UWP project in which I'm trying to add a third-party library. I added the library and everything seemed to work fine until I cleaned and rebuild the solution? Now I'm getting:
    Cannot resolve Assembly or Windows Metadata file 'Type universe cannot resolve assembly: System.Windows.Forms ...  Project.csproj

and

Could not copy the file "obj\x86\Debug\FavoriteControl\Favorite.xbf" because it was not found.      

I definitely know that the errors are from the library. The library was added through Reference and some header were added inside the project.

Saturday, May 2, 2020 6:31 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you need to add a reference to system.windows.forms.  I would also check the referenced dll does not use a newer version of .net than your app does.
    Saturday, May 2, 2020 10:17 PM
  • My project is UWP and does not support System.Windows.Forms. I was thinking of using something like bridge between the app and the library.
    Sunday, May 3, 2020 4:10 AM
  • Hello Macaret,

This forum is for "Discuss general issues about developing applications for Windows." It is Win32 C++ focused.

For UWP related issue you can ask a question at Microsoft Q&A - UWP for more professional support. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 4, 2020 1:31 AM