none
Copy data activity indefinitely in queue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

since yesterday evening, my pipelines that start with a copy data activity from an on premise db to datalake gen 2 is not being picked up. It says in queue for more than 40 minutes now. This activity normally succeeds in seconds as it copies very little data.

Could somebody shine a light on this? I'm stuck with this for now...

thank you very much !

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hi, we have found the problem. Apparently the runtime integration on the server side was in a kind of update situation. Once this was solved the pipelines would be picked up again.

Although it is odd that the preview and connection test still worked succesfully.

thx for helping out anyway!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:31 AM

All replies

• I ilready tried cancelling the pipeline and restarting, without success...

It's stuck in queue...

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:46 AM
  • Hi Bart,

Can you verify that the source and sink connections (linked services) are working fine by hitting "test connection".

Also, are there other pipelines that are running in parallel ?

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:30 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

The connections are working wel, I can preview data from the on prem sql db and the connection to Datalake is succesfull.

There are no pipelines running. Only the one I want to test.

Thank you for helping!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:33 AM
  • Hi Bart,

I am working internally with the team to understand if it could be a bug. We have seen similar behavior in the past which was caused by a bug.

Ref - Stack Overflow thread

Meanwhile, for a deeper investigation and immediate assistance on this issue, if you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can create a one-time-free support ticket for you to work closely on this matter. 

Thread URL: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7eae523e-cf87-4601-af27-5aa2b36ef6eb/copy-data-activity-indefinitely-in-queue?forum=AzureDataFactory
    Subscription ID: <your subscription id>

Please let me know once you have done the same.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:48 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, we have found the problem. Apparently the runtime integration on the server side was in a kind of update situation. Once this was solved the pipelines would be picked up again.

Although it is odd that the preview and connection test still worked succesfully.

thx for helping out anyway!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:31 AM
  • Glad that the issue was resolved. Thanks for sharing your findings.
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:37 AM
    Owner