How could I retrieve the number of affected row within SqlDataSource.inserted RRS feed

• Question

• User1700504264 posted

Hello

I am using SqlDataSource to insert a record, this is the markup

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="TraineeSqlDataSource" runat="server"
                                        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:DefaultConnection %>"

InsertCommand=" IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT Contact FROM Trainee WHERE Contact=@contact)
                                        BEGIN
                                        INSERT INTO Trainee (Contact, IDType, IDNumber, Education, gainedPoints, rate) 
                                        VALUES (@Contact, @idtype, @idnumber, @education, @gainedpoints, @rate)
                                        END">
                                        <InsertParameters>
                                            <asp:parameter Name="Contact" type="Int64" />
                                            <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ddlIDType" Name="idtype" PropertyName="SelectedValue" />
                                            <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="txtIDNumber" Name="idnumber" PropertyName="Text" />
                                            <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ddlDegree" Name="education" PropertyName="SelectedValue" />
                                            <asp:Parameter Name="gainedpoints" Type="Int64" DefaultValue="0" />
                                            <asp:Parameter Name="rate" Type="Int16" DefaultValue="0" />
                                        </InsertParameters>
                                    </asp:SqlDataSource>

in the code behind I use this code to insert a new record

TraineeSqlDataSource.InsertParameters("Contact").DefaultValue = cid
    TraineeSqlDataSource.Insert()

I need to do two things in the TraineeSqlDataSource.inserted event

1. I need to check if a row is inserted or not?
    2. I need to call a function and pass the (cid) value to it, how could I access the (cid) value?

May you please help me how to do this?

Thank you

Monday, April 23, 2018 3:26 PM

All replies