none
Documentation for Azure Multi-Factor Authentication using Sharepoint 2013 and claims

Question

• Good morning,

I am looking to set up Azure Multi-Factor Authentication using Sharepoint 2013 and claims authentication and was wondering if you could point me to documentation to do so?

We are on premise and using SharePoint 2013 enterprise

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:17 PM

Answers

• The MFA Server's IIS authentication doesn't work with claims authentication. If you are using claims authentication to ADFS 2012R2, you could use the MFA Server's ADFS adapter to secure ADFS. That would be the recommended way to secure SharePoint over trying to use IIS authentication.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We are researching on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Neelesh
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 4:07 PM
  • The MFA Server's IIS authentication doesn't work with claims authentication. If you are using claims authentication to ADFS 2012R2, you could use the MFA Server's ADFS adapter to secure ADFS. That would be the recommended way to secure SharePoint over trying to use IIS authentication.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:11 AM
  • When using ADFS, every user coming in to SharePoint is visible not as 'Name Surname' but as 'name.surname@domain.com'. It is down to the claim ADFS creates. That means it is a completely new profile in UPSA and needs configuring permissions etc.

ADFS scenario is good when allowing external access to external people and trusted partners - NOT YOUR INTERNAL USERS, logging in externally (outside network).

Currently, I do not know the solution for MFA for on-premise SharePoint with no ADFS server in the middle.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:29 PM