Drop-down Filter Questions... RRS feed

• Question

• User-2146400267 posted

Hello,

I have 2 Question about two different drop-down boxes on the same List page.  One drop-down is named Deleted and the other named Clients.

1) I have a bit column in a table that indicates if the row was "deleted". 

The Dynamic Data drop-down filter defaults to All.  But for the Deleted column, I want the drop-down to default to false.

How do I do this?

2) The Clients Drop-down lists All clients, but I want that drop-down to only contain records where the Deleted column = false.

How do I do this?

Thanks!
    Mark

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:36 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

You could do this by modifying the default filters but that would be a mess so what I recomment is to add DD Futures to your site and the follow my instruction on getting DD Futures Filters working with a file based website here:

1. Part 1 - Getting Dynamic Data Futures filters working in a File Based Website.
    2. Part 2 - Create the AnyColumn filter from the Dynamic Data Futures Integer filter.
    3. Part 3 – Creating the AnyColumnAutocomplete filter.

Once youve got this working I'd create some custom filters to do what I wanted.

I will be working on indivdual filters that filter each other in the next few weeks for a project I'm working on so I'll post the article back here when I'm done.

Hope this helps Big Smile

P.S. there is a Cascade filter that may be close to your needs already in the DD Futures project Big Smile

Source Code DynamicDataFutures0716.zip

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:00 PM