VM rdp connect failed with error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deleted my VM and then copied vhd to GPv2 Premium tier. Then I created VM from this vhd and when I try connect with rdp this error will appear:

The user account is currently disabled and cannot be used. For assistance, contact your system administrator or technical support.

So i tryied reset password and another error here:

VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'enablevmaccess'. Error message: "Cannot update Remote Desktop Connection settings for Administrator account. Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800708B0): The account already exists. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges() at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.GuestAgent.Plugins.WindowsUserManager.CreateUserInGroup(String userName, SecureString password, String[] groups) at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.GuestAgent.Plugins.RemoteAccessAccountManager.AddOrUpdateRemoteUserAccount(String userName, SecureString password) at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.GuestAgent.Plugins.JsonExtensions.VMA

Can someone help me?

Monday, June 4, 2018 2:14 PM

Answers

• Can you try resetting the password but picking a new username instead of the one you are trying? I have seen this issue with overwriting the existing users. 

So for example, if your user is AzureUser try resetting the password but with a username of AzureUser1. This will create a new admin user. From there once you log into the VM you can manually fix the password of the original user and delete the new one. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

Monday, June 4, 2018 5:58 PM

All replies

• Can you try resetting the password but picking a new username instead of the one you are trying? I have seen this issue with overwriting the existing users. 

So for example, if your user is AzureUser try resetting the password but with a username of AzureUser1. This will create a new admin user. From there once you log into the VM you can manually fix the password of the original user and delete the new one. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

Monday, June 4, 2018 5:58 PM
  • Great solution. Thank you :)
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:06 AM