none
Do we have a way to always show the ContentControl title? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

By default it is highlighting when hovering the mouse and displaying the title of the contentcontrol when placing the cursor inside. Do we have a way to always display the title of the contentcontrol so that I can identify where and all I have to type the data?

Thanks,

Sree.

Friday, July 15, 2011 6:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Sree

No, there's nothing like that, although I see it requested now and again. Best is to use the "Placeholder" text ("Click here and type [whatever]") to indicate where people should work.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, July 15, 2011 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Sree

No, there's nothing like that, although I see it requested now and again. Best is to use the "Placeholder" text ("Click here and type [whatever]") to indicate where people should work.

Friday, July 15, 2011 10:21 AM
  • Thanks Cindy. Our addin allows the users to add content controls on the fly. So they fill in the details also. when the document is shared across, we are not able to realize what are all the content controls the first user has added. That is the reason, we thought of keeping the tab enabled all the time.

Thanks a lot for your valuable time.

Regards,

Sree

Monday, July 18, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi Sree

Another possibility would be to format the text with a contrasting style (you can set the style as part of the content control's properties). Make it red or a different font or something. Then all you'd need to do is change that style's definition before printing the document (or whatever you do with it).

Monday, July 18, 2011 9:18 AM
  • That's a nice idea Cindy. I will try that. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Sree

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:18 AM