none
No enabled application monitor is on behalf of queue... RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I am trying to set up external activation, and the external application doesn't ever seem to be launched.  I get the following error, which shows up in the EATrace.log:


    EXCEPTION    ERROR = 32, No enabled application monitor is on behalf of queue [my target queue name].


    Any ideas where I should be looking to find the source of the problem?  I'm not sure what it means by 'no enabled application monitor...'

    Thanks in advance.

    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:17 PM

Answers

  • It means that EA has received a notification message properly, but it couldn't match it to any of the applications defined in the configuration file. Make sure all parts of the monitored queue are set in the config file properly (machine name, database name, schema name and finally queue name). Not that these names are case-sensitive. If this doesn't help, please paste the relevant section of your config file.

    Thanks,
    Pawel
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:54 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • It means that EA has received a notification message properly, but it couldn't match it to any of the applications defined in the configuration file. Make sure all parts of the monitored queue are set in the config file properly (machine name, database name, schema name and finally queue name). Not that these names are case-sensitive. If this doesn't help, please paste the relevant section of your config file.

    Thanks,
    Pawel
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:54 PM
    Moderator
  • Hello,

    I got same problem on Win 7 Pro, and bellow is my configuration. Can you post the good config or give me some help to resolve this prob? Thanks in advance!!!

    <NotificationServiceList>
        <NotificationService name="ExternalActivatorService" id="100" enabled="true">
          <Description>My test notification service</Description>
          <ConnectionString>
            <!-- All connection string parameters except User Id and Password should be specificed here -->
            <Unencrypted>Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=SB1;Application Name=External Activator;Integrated Security=True;</Unencrypted>
          </ConnectionString>
        </NotificationService>
      </NotificationServiceList>
      <ApplicationServiceList>
    <ApplicationService name="ProcessingApplication" enabled="true">
          <OnNotification>
            <ServerName>localhost</ServerName>
            <DatabaseName>SB1</DatabaseName>
            <SchemaName>dbo</SchemaName>
            <QueueName>ExternalActivatorQueue</QueueName>
          </OnNotification>
          <LaunchInfo>
            <ImagePath>C:\Test\Debug\ProcessingApplication.exe</ImagePath>
            <CmdLineArgs></CmdLineArgs>
            <WorkDir>C:\Test\Debug</WorkDir>
          </LaunchInfo>
          <Concurrency min="1" max="1" />
        </ApplicationService>
      </ApplicationServiceList>


    • Edited by Huan HOANG VAN Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Djodjes Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:58 PM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:37 AM
  • Change "localhost" to your "machineName".
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:58 PM
  • I found that the database name and/or Initial Catalog settings are case-sensitive in the EAService.config file
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:04 AM