none
Setting permissions on Public Folder for Distribution Group problem? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

I have created a Distribution Group on E2K7 namely " fun@domain1.com" and added two members manager@domain1.com and test@domain1.com .

I firslty removed client permission on a public folder "\test" for "default" and "Anonymous" users (Set to None) , and then I set the permission on this public folder "\test" for the Dist Group using

Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -identity "\test" -user fun@domain1.com -AccessRight "Author"

Now when I log on into OWA using that dist group member id (test@domain1.com)  then I can't see public folder "\test" untill  some time (almost after 1 hour). Also after it if I add a new member to this dist group and then logon using its id, then this public folder cant be seen in the OWA bcoz I have  removed the client permission for Default and Anonymous users. This public folder is viewable after alomost 1 hour when I refreshes the OWA. I have checked the permission on this public folder in PowerShell GUI and also the members of distribution Group.

I am not able to understand this behavior.

best regards,

Monday, December 31, 2007 11:56 AM

All replies

• It sounds like you need to do an AD replication between domain controllers or refresh the address list (don't know how to do that in 2007). Try adding a user to the group and forcing a replication and see if the folder shows up right away.

Monday, December 31, 2007 5:23 PM
  •  

Hi there,

I have only one server which contains E2K7 and is also a Domain Controller. I don't have other DCs currently in my test environment. I dont have much experience in Exchange but guess that its not a replication problem ( May be I m wrong here).

Jeff you said  "Try adding a user to the group and forcing a replication and see if the folder shows up right away"

I dont know how to do that , can you help me in this regard so that I could test it on my server.  BTW I checked the members of the distribution list before logging into OWA, and also Client Permissions on the related public folder.

best regards,

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:01 AM