none
How to find HCK Version? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't find the version of my HCK. Where I gonna find that?

When I go to the control panel I found out that there is two WHCK are installed which is 8.59.29734 and 8.59.29723.

Is my HCK is 2.0?

Thanks

Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Hyasmine,

If you have installed WHCK on your server machine then open "HCK Manager" from "Start>AllPrograms>Windows Kits>Windows Hardware Certification Kit" this location, when HCK Manager window is up, click on "Help" then click on "About HCK Manager", there you can see the version. In my case it is 2.0.9200, whats yours? :)

Thanks,

Nilesh.

• Marked as answer by Hyasmine Friday, December 14, 2012 1:36 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Please check HCK version from HCK Manager...

Thanks, Steve

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:03 AM

All replies

• Please see this link, it has a topic "Which version of the Windows HCK do I have?", which talks about how to view your version number;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/jj553782

One thing to mention is you may have also installed "Standalone Studio" at some point, which would explain the two instances of "HCK" in control panel.  We are looking at possibly making that specific scenario better in a future release.

Your HCK version is definitely "2.0" and you should continue to update to the latest QFE version we release (above link).

Thanks.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:04 AM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info.

How do you know that my HCK is 2.0? Is it because of the QFE version that I mention?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:02 AM
  • Hi Hyasmine,

If you have installed WHCK on your server machine then open "HCK Manager" from "Start>AllPrograms>Windows Kits>Windows Hardware Certification Kit" this location, when HCK Manager window is up, click on "Help" then click on "About HCK Manager", there you can see the version. In my case it is 2.0.9200, whats yours? :)

Thanks,

Nilesh.

• Marked as answer by Hyasmine Friday, December 14, 2012 1:36 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Please check HCK version from HCK Manager...

Thanks, Steve

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:03 AM