Outlook Mail in WebBrowser Window RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've integrated an instance of class WebBrowser in my application, to display documents inside my application.
    Of course this works only for those documents, where the hosting application is prepared to run as a browser addin.

Fortunately most Office Applications (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) and also the pdf Reader from Adobe are prepared for this, and it works fine.

Unfortunately I was not able so far, display also Outlook msg files in the WebBrowser window. If I try it, a dialog box asks the user, whether to Open/Save or Cancel the request. When chosing Open, the msg-file is opened in a separate window, and not in the WebBrowser clientwindow.

Can Outlook be somehow configured, so that the msg-file is also displayed in WebBrowser like all other Officedocuments ?

regards
    Fritz

Monday, March 7, 2011 2:13 PM

Answers

• Outlook items are not designed to be opened in Web browsers. If that's where you want the information from an Outlook item displayed you'd need to read the properties of the item and create your own HTML to display it.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Fritz Bilda" <=?utf-8?B?RnJpdHogQmlsZGE=?=> wrote in message news:7e640820-4e89-4697-a4ad-07f2e877f77c...

Hello,

I've integrated an instance of class WebBrowser in my application, to display documents inside my application.
    Of course this works only for those documents, where the hosting application is prepared to run as a browser addin.

Fortunately most Office Applications (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) and also the pdf Reader from Adobe are prepared for this, and it works fine.

Unfortunately I was not able so far, display also Outlook msg files in the WebBrowser window. If I try it, a dialog box asks the user, whether to Open/Save or Cancel the request. When chosing Open, the msg-file is opened in a separate window, and not in the WebBrowser clientwindow.

Can Outlook be somehow configured, so that the msg-file is also displayed in WebBrowser like all other Officedocuments ?

regards
    Fritz

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, March 14, 2011 10:16 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 2:38 PM