none
Must I a ready ecommerce or build a new ecommerce? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm thinking to build a eCommerce site, and sell some products and my friends could help me with this project.

What would you recommend ? Must I take a ready ecommerce in Asp.Net webform or Asp.Net MVC, or build the application in Asp.Net MVC with my friends?

What's the advantange to build the application and what's the advantage take a ready application ecommerce?

Do you recommend some ecommerce to customize?

Tarcísio Corte tarcisiocorte@gmail.com
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• What's your level of development expertise?

Have you thought about how you're going to take payments?

What sort of traffic do you expect?

What sort of profits?

Many small businesses just have a "shop" on ebay.

That costs a fair bit in terms of commission but there's zero up front cost,customers expect to pay by paypal and it's already well known and readily searchable.

All things considered ebay would be my first choice for selling a few products.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:11 PM
  • HI,

If you building ecommerce site to support line-of-business applications, then it is good idea to go Web form based web applications.

The Web Forms-based framework offers the following advantages:

• It supports an event model that preserves state over HTTP, which benefits line-of-business Web application development. The Web Forms-based application provides dozens of events that are supported in hundreds of server controls.

• It uses a Page Controller pattern that adds functionality to individual pages. For more information, see Page Controller.

• It uses view state on server-based forms, which can make managing state information easier.

• It works well for small teams of Web developers and designers who want to take advantage of the large number of components available for rapid application development.

• In general, it is less complex for application development, because the components (the Page class, controls, and so on) are tightly integrated and usually require less code than the MVC model.

Regards

Friday, August 26, 2011 6:52 AM
  • and, Nehruraj, do you want to say web, in this case, it'll have less code that MVC?

What's ASP.Net MVC disadvantage? because I think Asp.Net MVC has few problems with HTML genereted and a good control about code's architecture. I think It a solution

Tarcísio Corte tarcisiocorte@gmail.com
    Monday, August 29, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Hi,

Refer the below url for better understanding of MVC and Web forms

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd381412.aspx

which will help you to decide the technology for application development

Regards

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:16 AM