Speech recognition SDK query RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am trying to feed in audio packets (ulaw,pcm) fomats to recognizer (SDK). But recognizer is not able to recognize the work. 

recognizer.SetInputToAudioStream(audiostream, recognizer.RecognizerInfo.SupportedAudioFormats[5]);

I basically write a ulaw byte array packet to the audiostream. What format should i be writing so that recognizer can recognize my stream ? Should i add any special headers so that recognizer can recognize my audio packet ?

Below code of specifying file. Works well with the recognizer. Recognizer is able to recognize word in the file

recognizer.SetInputToWaveFile(@"sample.wav");

Regards,

Mourian

• Changed type Fred Bao Monday, March 10, 2014 3:08 AM The discussion is more suitable for this case
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hello,

For recognition to be successful, the speech contents of the WAV file must match the grammar loaded by the speech recognition engine. We need to config .grxml file for the grammar.

See it here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj127911.aspx

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Hi Thanks for response.

I have no problem in recognizing a wav file.

I have problem in recognizing AudioStream. Need to know what format of byte array (audio packet) the SDK is expecting. 

Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:12 AM
  • Hello,

>> Need to know what format of byte array (audio packet) the SDK is expecting.

For this, I suggest you starting a discussion on this request and see if other community members can give some suggestions.

Generally, it is hard to say what the best is.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 14, 2014 6:11 AM