none
Read Image from Excel 2007 along with Cell where it is inserted RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a web application  which the has the option to import records from excel. The excel 2007 will be uploaded via file upload contol. The records (cell values) will be in the form of string  and Images. I want to extract Images from excel along with cell information where they are insereted. I want to use the following framwork from the various options.DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Spreadsheet;

There is lots of information but it is in bits & pieces. 

Your help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• You also might check out the Open XML SDK Productivity Tool that ships with the Open XML SDK 2.0.  It's capable of reflecting C# code that will generate the source document you are viewing with it.  This might help you with your efforts.

Tom 

• Marked as answer by Tom Jebo MSFT Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:34 PM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Guravkanwar:

I have alerted protocol documentation team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:32 PM
    Owner
  • Hi gauravkanwar,

If your goal is to extract image information from .xlsx files (i.e. Office Open XML format), then you will need to become familiar with MS-XLSX and MS-ODRAWXML in our Open Specification section of MSDN.  These define our extensions to ISO29500 and are the focus of discussion on this forum.  Pictures are dealt with in section 20.2.2.5 of the ISO/IEC 29500-1:2008(E) document and blips are dealt with in 20.1.8.13.  The ISO29500 documents can be downloaded here

Best regards, Tom Jebo Microsoft Open Specifications
    Friday, January 28, 2011 1:55 AM
  • My aim is to extract image as well as the cell where is it inserted. I need sample code
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:27 AM
  • Hi gauravkanwar,

I don't know of any existing samples but you might search on http://www.codeplex.com/.  There are some sample projects there that use the Open XML Format SDK to manipulate .xlsx files.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:31 PM
  • You also might check out the Open XML SDK Productivity Tool that ships with the Open XML SDK 2.0.  It's capable of reflecting C# code that will generate the source document you are viewing with it.  This might help you with your efforts.

Tom 

• Marked as answer by Tom Jebo MSFT Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:34 PM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 10:28 PM