Step by step needed for "Sample Data from Input". Does it work as we intend? RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks very much for your hard work.

Regarding:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-sample-data-input

I must protest that this article is NOT about input stream sampling.  Either let's change the article name or show an example of that being done. 

I was able to get "sample data from input" to work on the inputs-sample data page. 

On the "query" page, I get a notification that says sampling complete, but clicking on it takes me to a page that displays some blob resource information I don't know how to access.

If I "sample data from input" and wait for a completion indication, then click "test", I get a message that tells me I need to upload data before I can test, even though the data was just supposedly sampled.

Is this working the way we would expect it to?

-e

-- me --

• Edited by Chief Scientist Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:49 PM removed image, referred to input-sample data instead
    Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, thanks for taking the time to send this feedback. You're right this page is more about testing the query, and not about sampling the data. We'll update this shortly.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, can you confirm that you see a "file" icon next to your inputs?

Note that in order to test a query, you need to have samples for all your inputs.

Let us know and we can investigate this more.

Thanks,

JS (Azure Stream Analytics)

Monday, November 13, 2017 10:52 PM