none
Azure Workbench Blockchain Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Is there currently an existing Azure product that works in a similar way to things like https://etherscan.io/ and https://ethstats.net/ but provides these insights for an Azure Workbench Blockchain? Ideally I'd like both a block explorer and an ethstats type setup.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, October 26, 2018 2:35 AM

Answers

• In order to get a Block Explorer involved with Workbench, Microsoft has rolled out the following Solution:

Setup a PoA BaaS

Deploy BlockScout (can be found in the Azure Blockchain Github)

Deploy Workbench and connect to the PoA BaaS

Let me know if you need help with the solution above.

• Marked as answer by mswnz Friday, November 2, 2018 2:51 AM
    Sunday, October 28, 2018 12:19 AM

All replies

• In order to get a Block Explorer involved with Workbench, Microsoft has rolled out the following Solution:

Setup a PoA BaaS

Deploy BlockScout (can be found in the Azure Blockchain Github)

Deploy Workbench and connect to the PoA BaaS

Let me know if you need help with the solution above.

• Marked as answer by mswnz Friday, November 2, 2018 2:51 AM
    Sunday, October 28, 2018 12:19 AM
  • Thanks for the reply!

Just one question around connecting Workbench to the PoA BaaS, if I understood it correctly they are separate products? I thought that when you deploy Blockchain Workbench ( this product, just to be clear ) it creates it's own blockchain all tucked away in the background. The PoA BaaS ( following this guide ) also creates a blockchain consortium and I kind of thought the two essentially achieved the same thing but via different methods.

But maybe I misunderstood that, any clarification would be great.

Thanks

Monday, October 29, 2018 12:45 AM
  • There are many differences between the two solution templates. Just to name a few:

• Workbench deploys SQL, APIs, etc.
    • Workbench provides its nodes in a VMSS instead of normal VM

Maybe you'd like to click on our Microsoft Azure Marketplace free offer for our Enterprise Blockchain Immersion: 1/2 Workshop. We go through Deployment of the setup I described above along with other topic points. 

https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/consulting-services/envision_blockchain-5199407.blockchain-immersion-session?tab=Overview

Also, if you could mark my question as answered, that would be helpful!
    Tuesday, October 30, 2018 4:48 AM
  • Yea, that's what I thought. So are you saying that I need to set up both solutions in order to connect Blockscout to a Workbench deployment?
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:28 AM
  • Greetings.

You are correct that Workbench and PoA are two separate templates. However, in deployment configuration of Workbench, you could choose to deploy it on top of an existing PoA network by providing an RPC endpoint. You can find more information regarding deploying Workbench on top of an existing PoA network with the official documentation.

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

Thursday, November 1, 2018 11:58 PM
    Owner
  • Aah, that makes sense, totally glossed over that part of the setup! Thanks for that!
    Friday, November 2, 2018 2:52 AM