Debugger not configured? Please Help!

Question

• I'm making a metro app with C# and I keep getting this error after navigating through a number of pages.

I try to open up a new instance of Visual Studio, but it says that the process is already in use. So then I try to detach the debugger and it gives me another error, can't detach the process. the object is in a zombie state.

I have no idea what is causing this error and don't understand why the debugger is not pointing me in the right direction.
    Any help is greatly appreciated, this is a very important project and I fear this is really going to hold me back.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

so if you tight click on the project node in solution explorer, select properties.  In the properties window, change debugger type to Native Only or Mixed.  Push F5 to start debugging.  Repro the situation in your metro application, does the debugger break.  I am thinking that a native exception Win32 Exception, C++ Exception, etc is happening but the debugger currently attached is configured to debug managed only?

much appreciated,

mike

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:52 PM