none
How to make changes in sharepoint Master page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

can anyone plz tel me how can i do changes in Master page without having access to it,

i mean, programmatically , like using custom actions or Javascript etc..

can it be done ?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi

Please check this similar post

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/86979/adding-jquery-to-master-page

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

We can add the JavaScript and CSS into <head/> in your master page using SharePoint designer to modify UI style.

<script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-3.1.0.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(function(){
    	//some code  
    });
    </script>

<style type="text/css"> 
    /* add some style*/
    </style>

For better manage your code, we can save the custom JavaScript code as a .js file and save CSS as a .css file and then upload the files into a document library. Then refer the files in the master page.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Hi Dennis/Romeo,

thanks for the reply,

but i do not have the access to Masterpage

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

You don't have the permission to access the master page?

I suggest you use admin user to customize your master page, if you don't have the permission, you can modify the master page.

Or please provide more information about your requirement for further research.

Best Regards,

Dennis

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Yes Dennis, i do not have the permissions to access Master Page.

i wanna change Layouts also remove left Navigation and other setting which we usually do in Master page using SPD,

but the admin team denied to give permissions, what else i can do to modify the Master page ?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you submit a request to the admin team to change the master page.

As you do not have the permissions to access Master Page, you can't change it.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Friday, February 17, 2017 1:41 AM