Old Site Changing Session State Mode RRS feed

• Question

• User-1940679298 posted

I'm attempting to get a PHP function to check if a user is logged into a ASP.NET site. From what I've read the SQL Server Session State mode would be perfect, becasue I could just have PHP check the database. The issue is that the site is several years old and currenlty using the InProc session state. I have no training in .NET and was wondering if changing the Session State could cause any issues with the application or if there is a safe way to test this.

Thank you for your time.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:22 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi thecandide

changing the Session State could cause any issues with the application or if there is a safe way to test this.

InProc state is considerably faster than either the state server or SQL Server session storage techniques. SQL Server and state server attribute their slowness to serialization/deserialization that happens while reading in/storing out the Session data from the SQL/State server.

.However storing the session state InProc still has its own share of limitations.

- With each app domain restart Session state is lost;

- Process restart will result in loss of Session state data; 

You could refer the usage of In-Proc Session State Management, I think it will give some tips to you.

hope it helps you,

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:20 AM