develop web application for PDA RRS feed

• Question

• 1. I have to develop a web application for PDA. i am new to web application development for mobile devices how ever i have good experience of developing web applications for laptop using asp.net. can you please suggest me how to start this development.

2. Can we use mobile printer to print reports of this web application?

3. i need to allow user to down load an icon on his smart phone. clicking on this icon should open the web application in browser of smart phone (like facebook has option of downloading icon)

Regards 

any help is highly appreciated

Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try reposting your query on http://forums.asp.net . This forums is dedicated native applications.

Am trying to answer your queries as per my experience.

1. I have to develop a web application for PDA. i am new to web application development for mobile devices how ever i have good experience of developing web applications for laptop using asp.net. can you please suggest me how to start this development.

If you are already using ASP.net , you can continue with the same. Based on the http user agent you can redirect your pages. I suggest you to manage two pages one is for smart phones and another one is for non smart phones.

No Idea.

3. i need to allow user to down load an icon on his smart phone. clicking on this icon should open the web application in browser of smart phone (like facebook has option of downloading icon)

Yes it is very much possible for smartphones but not on non smartphones.

Regards, Malleswar
    Friday, June 3, 2011 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried this:

<linkhref="../../Images/ContHealth2.PNG"rel="apple-touch-icon"/>   inside your head tag.

Regards, Malleswar
    • Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:09 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try reposting your query on http://forums.asp.net . This forums is dedicated native applications.

Am trying to answer your queries as per my experience.

1. I have to develop a web application for PDA. i am new to web application development for mobile devices how ever i have good experience of developing web applications for laptop using asp.net. can you please suggest me how to start this development.

If you are already using ASP.net , you can continue with the same. Based on the http user agent you can redirect your pages. I suggest you to manage two pages one is for smart phones and another one is for non smart phones.

No Idea.

Yes it is very much possible for smartphones but not on non smartphones.

Regards, Malleswar
    Friday, June 3, 2011 7:43 AM
  • for question number 3 how is it possible malleswar
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 11:08 AM
  • It's a shortcut with URL in it. How you get it to the phone is another story.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 8:58 PM
  • yes that is what i need to know. how to get it to phone. please give some supportive links

Regards

Aijaz

Monday, June 6, 2011 5:51 AM
  • You can create standard WM CAB file which can be installed on to device. Put shortcut inside.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 6, 2011 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried this:

<linkhref="../../Images/ContHealth2.PNG"rel="apple-touch-icon"/>   inside your head tag.

Regards, Malleswar
    • Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:09 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 8:58 AM