none
Platform Builder error RRS feed

• Question

• When I select finish using the project wizard I receive the following error.

Invalid parameters passed to Wince.bat.  Required environment variable(s) _TGTCPU, _TGTPROJ, _TGTPLAT was not set after executing command "call C:\WINCE700\public\COMMON\OAK\MISC\wince.bat x86 CEBASE VirtualPC").

I have repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried with latest update, without update.  Any ideas?

Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does your OS Design name (or any part of the path) have a space in it or a special character?

The build system doesn't like that very much... keep it short and simple.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 10:48 AM
  • No spaces or special characters.  If I have a space, I receive an error about it before it will even start the wizard.  I had a space when I tried to use it for the first time.  Could this have screwed up something in the registry?

The invalid parameter error happens at the end of the wizard.  It doesn't matter what BSP and design template I select.

Sunday, October 9, 2011 2:07 PM
  • It turned out that Kaspersky was the problem.
    • Marked as answer by kerryjones1 Friday, October 21, 2011 2:50 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:50 PM
  • I also have this problem in a newly installed PC. So I open the command prompt, switch to the directory C:\WINCE700\public\COMMON\OAK\MISC\  and execute wince.bat x86 CEBASE VirtualPC. It show the following error.

'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Then I found the article and followed it by adding 'C:\Windows\System32;' to the PATH environment variable. After I close all Visual Studio 2008 and reopen it again, the project wizard worked correctly.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Jui-Yuan Su

• Edited by Jui-Yuan Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:14 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:12 AM