Silverlight on x64 Platforms RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

We develop application for both x32/x64 Platforms with .NET. We need to include support for silverlight in "WebBrowser Control" in our application.

Can someone provide an Example how to load 32 bit IE in 64 bit .Net application?, to ensure that silverlight works?

Greetings

Monday, February 8, 2010 5:51 AM

All replies

• I think the only way to get silverlight to work in the web browser control in an x64 system is compile the app for the x86 processor.  This puts your app in 32 bit mode which will get it to use the 32 bit version of ie

Monday, February 8, 2010 8:50 AM
  • I know this way, but this is not the solution I need.

Monday, February 8, 2010 11:28 AM
  • There is no way to force the web browser control to use the 32bit version of ie without compiling to the x86 processor.   Maybe have another 32bit app your main app starts to show the web browser

Monday, February 8, 2010 1:22 PM
  •  Sorry but I agree with Ken on this one, its just not going to work on a 32

Monday, February 8, 2010 1:41 PM
  • I agree with You, but is it possible to load IE Window over ActiveX?

Or do someone knows the plans of the releasing of Silverlight for x64.

We have large customers and the most of them want to migrate to Windows 7 x64, so we have to support "native" x64 code.

Or is it possible, that Microsoft make "Special Version" of "Silverligt x64"?

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:16 AM
  • Unfortunately, there is no Silverlight plug-in available for 64 bit OS. So you will not be able to load your silverlight app on 64bit machine.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:46 AM
  • Unfortunately, there is no Silverlight plug-in available for 64 bit OS. So you will not be able to load your silverlight app on 64bit machine.

I do not want to read about something, what i already know.
    Please no flood.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:08 PM
  • And do some knows aboout microsoft plans for silverlight, meanwhile flash x64 exists (as beta)

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:43 AM
  • Adobe Flash player x64 released, before Silverlight x64 what a shame :)

Sunday, October 17, 2010 3:37 AM
  • Just got the flash update notification and read it's finally pushing out x64 support....went on silverlight.net all happy that i can ditch ie9 x86 and well...surprised in a negative way :)

Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:52 AM
  • Silverlight 5 RC already supports x64. RTM is planned before the end of the year.

By the way x64 IE9 is much less optimized and performs poorly compared to x86, so unless you're hitting a memory barrier I'd stick with x86.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:36 PM