Rotate FlowDecision control in designer view RRS feed

• Question

• I know this sounds like a dumb question..but is it possible to rotate the FlowDecision control in the designer view so it becomes easier to wire it up with all other boxes..

By default, the 'False' handle is on the right hand side and 'True' on the left and  the wirings are making the workflow look just as messy as any never-cleaned backyard gardens...

Also, on a side note, is it possible to physically move the position of multiple controls at the same time..I can drag them one by one but not ideal if there are dozens of boxes needs repositioning..

Life is simple.

• Edited by Firen Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:23 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:18 AM

Answers

• Hi, Firen

->"By default, the 'False' handle is on the right hand side and 'True' on the left and the wirings are making the workflow look just as messy as any never-cleaned backyard gardens..."

Actually, you can change the "condition" property to achieve the same effect. for example, you can add a "Not" before the condition expression, then, True turns to be False, vice versa.

->"Also, on a side note, is it possible to physically move the position of multiple controls at the same time..I can drag them one by one but not ideal if there are dozens of boxes needs repositioning.."

WF dev team are working on it. I saw such a feature some time ago, there are still many things need be fixed and tuned, I hope we can have it in WF4 version next.

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Firen Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:14 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:23 AM

All replies

• Hi, Firen

->"By default, the 'False' handle is on the right hand side and 'True' on the left and the wirings are making the workflow look just as messy as any never-cleaned backyard gardens..."

Actually, you can change the "condition" property to achieve the same effect. for example, you can add a "Not" before the condition expression, then, True turns to be False, vice versa.

->"Also, on a side note, is it possible to physically move the position of multiple controls at the same time..I can drag them one by one but not ideal if there are dozens of boxes needs repositioning.."

WF dev team are working on it. I saw such a feature some time ago, there are still many things need be fixed and tuned, I hope we can have it in WF4 version next.

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Firen Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:14 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:23 AM
  • Thanks Andrew, this is very helpful.
    Life is simple.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:14 AM