Compilation errors when changing from Debug to Release RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My WPF Project compiles.

I wanted to publish and When I changed Debug to Release I had 300+ compilation errors and also about 50 warnings after build.

When changed back to Debug it compiled without errors.

Can someone please point me to what could be the reason?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:14 PM

Answers

• >>Can someone please point me to what could be the reason?

Are you using any third-party libraries (DLLs)? It these are located in  [yourProjectFolder]/bin/Debug you could try to copy them to the [yourProjectFolder]/bin/Release folder and rebuild the solution.

>>You mean copy all the contents of the debug folder into the release folder?

Yes, you could copy over all DLLs to the release folder and rebuild.

If this doesn't work I suggest that you upload a sample project where your issue can be reproduced to OneDrive and post the link to it here.

If you are programming in C++, there is a Visual C++ forum where you can ask for better help about C++ specific topics: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vcgeneral

Also note that if you have any issues with some specific third-party library, this is not the right place to ask since these forums are intended for Microsoft's products and technologies only.

Hope that helps.

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread.

• Marked as answer by yaron kadman Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:32 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:12 PM

All replies

• Compare Debug folder into your release folder check any additional dlls are missing

Vinoth Rajendran

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:47 PM
  • You mean copy all the contents of the debug folder into the release folder?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:50 PM
  • >>Can someone please point me to what could be the reason?

Are you using any third-party libraries (DLLs)? It these are located in  [yourProjectFolder]/bin/Debug you could try to copy them to the [yourProjectFolder]/bin/Release folder and rebuild the solution.

>>You mean copy all the contents of the debug folder into the release folder?

Yes, you could copy over all DLLs to the release folder and rebuild.

If this doesn't work I suggest that you upload a sample project where your issue can be reproduced to OneDrive and post the link to it here.

If you are programming in C++, there is a Visual C++ forum where you can ask for better help about C++ specific topics: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vcgeneral

Also note that if you have any issues with some specific third-party library, this is not the right place to ask since these forums are intended for Microsoft's products and technologies only.

Hope that helps.

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread.

• Marked as answer by yaron kadman Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:32 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Thank you I will give it a try.

I am working with Telerik...

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:32 AM