none
How can I disable all virus/threat protection in a Server Core 2019 container? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into a System.IO.IOException in some code in my containers where certain javascript files after being extracted from a zip are being falsely identified as viruses or "potentially unwanted software".

It seems to be that Windows Defender is not part of Server Core 2019 containers but I found a "Windows Advanced Threat Protection" key in the registry under HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft. Unfortunately, this key has no child keys or values so I'm pretty stumped as to what I need to edit to disable the protection.

Is there another component that may be blocking these files that I can somehow disable?

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 10:48 AM

All replies

• I imagine it's your host which does it not stuff inside container. Are you sure it's container doing it?
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:46 PM
  • I'm not sure I can even tell if the host is interfering with the files inside the container. It's all running on Azure Container Instances so I have no control over the host.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 2:10 PM
  • Do you see the same behavior on your local host when you run container?
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 2:48 PM
  • I've been trying to replicate locally but have been unsuccessful. I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, though, rather than a server OS.

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:05 PM