none
Project.QueueUpdateProject Method from the Project Server 2010 PSI updates custom fields values that it should not RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

our setup:

-Project server 2010, version

Description: we have developped a custom report hosted in Excel that interfaces with Project Server using the PSI. This reports gives the user the ability to load project values from PS and also risk and issues from the Project Workspace in Sharepoint. The user can then modify some Project level enterpise custom fields and then save them back to Project Server. We are using the Project.QueueUpdateProject method to update the plan 

Issue is that this operation overwrites enterprise custom fields that are associated to local resources in the plan... we did not experience this behavior with PS 2007.

The dataset that we are sending back to the QueueUpdateProject method are stricktly regarding project custom fields, nothing related to resources...

Has anybody seen something like this? I'm worried that something in the upgrade process did not complete as expected and that we have views and/or stored proc that might be outdated...

Thank you,

JF

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• JF, There is nothing to be updated at the local resources custom fields, if you do the update at the project level through PSI...so it would be better if you can show the code so that we can check and help you...

B Rajasekhar Reddy

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:24 AM
  •  

Hi there,

Here are some significant code extracts (solution is too large to post):

-How we load the dataset

projectDs = ProjWebSvc.ReadProjectEntities(projGuid, 1 Xor 2 Xor 32 Xor 64 Xor 1024, DataStoreEnum.WorkingStore)

-how we send back the dataset

tempDs = projectDs.GetChanges(DataRowState.Modified)

If Not tempDs Is Nothing Then

Dim jobId = Guid.NewGuid()

ProjWebSvc.QueueUpdateProject(jobId, sessionId, tempDs, False)

_queue.WaitForQueue(jobId)

tempDs.Dispose()

End If

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Yes. You are doing the update at project level so there is NO way that your local resources properties gets changed by doing this.

I will try this in my server and update you back. BTW i hope you are doing this project update in Project Server 2010.

B Rajasekhar Reddy

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:48 PM
  • This issue has been identified as a bug and a fix is now available: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597138 

Hopefully it will solve our problem

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:49 PM