When is sys.bandwidth_usage updated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I use view sys.bandwidth_usage to view the bandwidth of my databases. But I don't know when that view is updated. 

Does anyone know?

Monday, May 24, 2010 3:08 AM

Answers

• The background process is running constantly. You are correct that all bandwidth consumption within the datacenter is free. So, for scenarios 2) and 4), you will be charged for compute on the web role.

Thanks,

Hari

• Marked as answer by Vo Kim Son Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:42 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vo Kim Son Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vo Kim Son Friday, May 28, 2010 3:45 AM
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:23 PM

All replies

• We update the data constantly as part of a background process; it is not updated in real time.

Thanks,

Hari

• Proposed as answer by harisiva Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:33 AM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:32 AM
  • So, when do you run that background process? I want to trace the bandwidth usage to calculate the cost to find a best way to backup/restore my sql azure database:

1) backup my data from Sql Azure to a csv file on local machine.

2) backup my data from Sql Azure and write it to Azure storage's BLOB as a csv file by using a Web Role.

3) backup my data from Sql Azure to Sql server 2008 on my local machine.

4) backup my data from Sql Azure to another Sql Azure database by using Web Role.

With (2) and (4) I think that if I use the Sql Azure and Azure storage in the same Data Center, I am only charged for the Web Role instance?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:45 AM
  • The background process is running constantly. You are correct that all bandwidth consumption within the datacenter is free. So, for scenarios 2) and 4), you will be charged for compute on the web role.

Thanks,

Hari

• Marked as answer by Vo Kim Son Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:42 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vo Kim Son Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vo Kim Son Friday, May 28, 2010 3:45 AM
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:23 PM