none
Early detect Windows boot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm developing an automated test system for an embedded controller. My problem is that after Windows installation finished, I boot to EFI shell from a pendrive to check some file existence. Sometimes the system accidentally boots Windows instead of EFI shell. If this happens, the test system resets the controller during boot, and second time it boots to the correct location. My goal is to detect if Windows has started booting before. I can access the file system from EFI shell and can read log files, and last modified dates.

What I'm interested is if there is a file (a log or something) that is modified right at this early stage (so I can query last modified date).

The closest clue I found before is the Windows\ntbtlog.txt, but that file is not updated at this stage.

Thanks for the help!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:29 AM

All replies

• I forgot to mention, that it's a solution for me if I can make the Windows Error Recovery screen disappear, but not disabling error recovery, only the first time. What I'm interested in is how does Windows know at startup that the boot was interrupted.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:45 PM