Dual language page RRS feed

• Question

• I am using EW2 and IE7. I have set the language code for the page as UTF-8 and the language as "Lucida Sans Unicode"I experoence two problems

1- Using spanish characters such as ñ,ó (accent) and so on intermixed with english it appears to be OK until I view the page in IE. Then what displays is not the letter but either no letter, a square or tge symbols that represent the letter depending on what spanish keyboard format I use.

2- The second problem is that every time I open a page for editing all the spanish characters disappear  forcing me to redo the entire pages rather than the section being edited.

Victor

Victor Rana
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 4:43 PM

All replies

• Lucida Sans Unicode is not a language; it's a font name, like Arial or Times New Roman.

Search this forum for hints about setting up not only the page language, but your computer Regional settings and keyboard. That might help.

I just use American English, so I haven't had to pay close attention to those discussions. Some are about Swedish, Danish, French, or Spanish, but the solution is always the same.

The bird, the bee, the running child are all the same to the sliding glass door. Dimitri Martin
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 5:06 PM
  • Generally you need to set a language for the page and then use a language attribute on the text you want in a different language.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 1:31 AM