IIS 7 and nested web.config RRS feed

• Question

• User-177655546 posted

Hello,

I need help with IIS 7.0 inheritance settings on windows Server 2008 Ent Edition.

I have ASP.NET 2.0 application running on the root of the default website using 'forms authentication' method

<authentication mode="Forms">
          <forms name="CardaginLatest" path="/" loginUrl="CardaginLogin.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" slidingExpiration="true">
          </forms>
        </authentication>
        <authorization>
          <deny users="?" />
     </authorization> 

I have a virtual directory under that default website with another ASP.net application; and it is working fine also using same 'forms authentiction' method.

I also have webservice virtual directory under the default website which is not working and it is giving 401.2 access denied error messages. the webservices application has follwoing config,

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

I cant figure out on how to work around this problem. any help ould be apprecaited.

PS: these sites are all working file on Winodws 2003 IIS 6.0

regards

Tabassum

Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:28 PM

Answers

• User1073881637 posted

Try putting the application pool in classic mode and reproducing the behavior.   IIS 7 has a  new mode called integrated mode.   You'd probably have to do a <clear /> before in the sub-folders to clear what was inherited for particular sections.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:34 PM