none
Can Recoverable Interchange Processing be done on a EDI Dissembler? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3000 claims under one ST-SE. I was wondering if i could some how make the EDI dissembler to work on Recoverable Interchange processing?.

In this pipeline i have custom pipeline component before the EDI Dissembler. Is there any properties I could promote to get RIP on EDI Dissembler.

Thanks for any help..

Rick
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:50 PM

Answers

• Ok, here it is. The reason I did it this way was becuase I wanted to make this dynamic, meaning, that some of the facilities would be re-processed if they fail while others would simply fail the whole file. In other words, I wanted just a few facilities to only continue processing if they had one claim fail, and the rest to stop. These steps are based on that.

1. Make sure that you are using the multiple schmeas. They must break the file into multiple messages.
    2. In the receive port, route failed messages to a directory x. Make sure to use xml as your send port
    3. Now you have all the messages inside one folder. Each transaction should be in each file. Therefore, if the file contained 50 claims and one failed compliance, then you should have 50 xml messages.
    4. I developed an orchestration that will read each xml and determine if I will continue processing the message or just fail it. Since I deal with claims, I read the billing NPI and compare it to an xref table. If exist, then I would route that message to the last receive location for processing. If not, then I would just pass those messages to an archive folder and processing stops.
    5. Now, lets taek a look at the files that will continue processing. Since they have been routed to a directory that will process them again, I use an xml receive and an EDI send. The EDI send will do the validation. You can check the validation either at the party or at the send port. I did it at the party and linked the send port to the party. Now all the files that are compliant will be routed to the directory of step 1. The files that failed validation will be routed to a separate directory so you are not caught in an endless loop.

That is pretty much it. This is very easy to acomplish. It took me a few days to set up mainly because of the rules that I wanted to run such as only re-processing certain billing entitities. Basically, I have an xref table that has all the billing NPI numbers for those facilities that will be re-processed. Anytime I need to add someone, I just add it to the table.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, October 17, 2011 1:16 PM

All replies

• What are you trying to do? Process all the claims that worked and route the ones that failed to another folder?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Yes Carlos...I cant even split the message first and place them in a folder and pick up from there....Because i have created other application (this application dependent on the other) for error logging which wouldn't support that kinda of approach...

So i was wondering, if RIP can be implemented in the EDI Dissembler....Is there way for it?

Rick
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:19 PM
  • What version of BizTalk are you using?

If 2010 you can set the following pr. agreement:

That should make the disassemble stage treat the interchange as RIP, and it is available for both X12 and EDIFACT.

Combine this with failed message routing on the receive port.

Morten la Cour

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:13 PM
  • La Cour,

Thanks for your reply...

Its Biztalk 2009, in this version too I can enable "Split Interchange as Transaction Sets - Suspend Transactions on Error".

But if you have observed my question, 3000 claims are under one ST-SE. So if one claim has the Validation issue all the 2999 claims would fail at the EDI Dissembler stage.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Rick
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Hi Rick,

Check this out if you haven't already done so, Recoverable Interchange Processing in BizTalk. This works like charm with multiple ST and SE's however i would suggest check it out in your case and  see if you get any issues.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:14 PM
  • Hello Bali,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen that link before. It talks about the RIP on Dissemble stage, but only for XML Dissembler and Flat File Dissembler.

My question here was, whether we could implement similar kinda of function on the EDI Dissembler (Properties of EDI Dissembler doesn't have option Recoverable Interchange Processing in Visual Studio).

So is there any way we could implement the RIP on EDI Dissembler. Which would help me to suspend just the validation issue claim out of 3000 claims which are under single ST-SE.

Thanks for the replies again. Please let me know if there are different approaches for this issues....

Rick
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:20 PM
  • I did something like what I think you are trying to do. Basically, you want to continue to process the good claims inside teh ST and fail the bad ones, is that right?
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Exactly Carlos...thats what i want...can u please tell me how u did it..

Rick
    • Edited by Rick85 Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:25 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:19 PM
  • Ok, here it is. The reason I did it this way was becuase I wanted to make this dynamic, meaning, that some of the facilities would be re-processed if they fail while others would simply fail the whole file. In other words, I wanted just a few facilities to only continue processing if they had one claim fail, and the rest to stop. These steps are based on that.

1. Make sure that you are using the multiple schmeas. They must break the file into multiple messages.
    2. In the receive port, route failed messages to a directory x. Make sure to use xml as your send port
    3. Now you have all the messages inside one folder. Each transaction should be in each file. Therefore, if the file contained 50 claims and one failed compliance, then you should have 50 xml messages.
    4. I developed an orchestration that will read each xml and determine if I will continue processing the message or just fail it. Since I deal with claims, I read the billing NPI and compare it to an xref table. If exist, then I would route that message to the last receive location for processing. If not, then I would just pass those messages to an archive folder and processing stops.
    5. Now, lets taek a look at the files that will continue processing. Since they have been routed to a directory that will process them again, I use an xml receive and an EDI send. The EDI send will do the validation. You can check the validation either at the party or at the send port. I did it at the party and linked the send port to the party. Now all the files that are compliant will be routed to the directory of step 1. The files that failed validation will be routed to a separate directory so you are not caught in an endless loop.

That is pretty much it. This is very easy to acomplish. It took me a few days to set up mainly because of the rules that I wanted to run such as only re-processing certain billing entitities. Basically, I have an xref table that has all the billing NPI numbers for those facilities that will be re-processed. Anytime I need to add someone, I just add it to the table.

Monday, October 17, 2011 1:16 PM