none
D365 - The valid structure information (column name and type) are required for Dynamics source. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using dynamic fetch xml query(D365) as Source and Sink as AzureBlob. When I do "Import Schema" under "Mapping", it's not showing one column alone. When I manually add that column in the mapping and run the pipeline.

I'm getting this error,

Operation on target copyLookupValuestoBlob failed: ErrorCode=UserErrorInvalidStructure,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=The valid structure information (column name and type) are required for Dynamics source.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.DynamicsPlugin,'

My source fetch xml query, below highlighted column alone is not showing up in Mapping. 

@concat('<fetch mapping="logical" version="1.0" >
      <entity name="incident" >
        <attribute name="accountidname" />
        <attribute name="kom_factoryplant" />
       <attribute name="kom_subsidiaryid" />
        <attribute name="kom_qauserid" />
        <attribute name="createdby" />
        <attribute name="kom_reportid" />
        <filter>
          <condition attribute="kom_reportid" operator="in" >',
            '<value>G3242</value>',
          '</condition>
        </filter>
      </entity>
    </fetch>')

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hello SanthoshKumar09 and thank you for your question.  Could you tell me what is the type of the problematic column?  In the past there have been a few troublesome data types.  The error message looks different from those cases, but I'd like to rule out the possibility before escalating the issue.
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:14 PM
  • kom_subsidiaryid is an Lookup field in D365. I'm seeing this issue very often with ADF D365 connector, which is not pulling up all columns in D365 through Import Schema.

Thanks

Santhosh Kumar K

Friday, November 8, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Thanks Santosh , 

We are reaching out to the internal team to get help on this . We will update on this once we hear back from them .

Thanks Himanshu

Monday, November 11, 2019 7:26 PM
  • Hello Santosh , 

Can you please let me know as to what is the column type for the kom_subsidiaryid column ?

As to why the column does not show in the auto mapping scenario , i think may be it does not have any data on the top rows . 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-dynamics-crm-office-365#copy-activity-properties

infers :

Important

• When importing schema in authoring UI, ADF infers the schema by sampling the top rows from the Dynamics query result to initialize the source column list, in which case columns with no values in top rows will be omitted. The same behavior applies to copy executions if there is no explicit mapping. You can review and add more columns into the mapping, which will be honored during copy runtime.

Thanks Himanshu

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:51 PM
  • kom_subsidiaryid  is an Lookup field in D365. And it has data. Not sure why this column is not coming up in Import Schema.

Santhosh Kumar K

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:28 AM
  • That should not be the case , we need to have a closer look on this . 

For a deeper investigation and immediate assistance on this issue, if you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else could you please send an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can create a one-time-free support ticket for you to work closely on this matter. 
    Thread URL:
    Subscription ID: 
    Please let me know once you have done the same

Thanks Himanshu

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:55 PM