The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
In App Purchase in Windows Phone 8.1 Universal App RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having some problems with in app purchase since updating my app to a universal app. My Windows Store app works fine it seems but Windows Phone, despite using the same code is giving me problems. Here is what is happening:

* When connected to Visual Studio using Mock IAP everything works fine.

* When connected to Visual Studio using real IAP I get an exception in 

_productListing = await CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync();

Exception from HRESULT: 0x805A0194.

From what I have found on the net (only for W8.1 and not WP8.1 of which there is nothing) this is because my app isn't live yet. I published the app and this error continues. I have run "Associate With Store" on the project and the error continues.

* When not connected to Visual Studio, both the mock and live IAP work up to the point where the app redirects to the product page in the Windows Phone Store. It then crashes within a second.

My app is live and when run on Windows Phone 8.1 you should see these errors when you try to purchase one of the locked leagues. The app is here http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/score-alerts/361bbc56-e815-4e27-8d7b-d59476ffbb21?signin=true

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it as this is causing me so many problems.

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:29 PM

Answers

• OK I found the problem. It's basically this: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/ad753362-0d52-42b3-8917-b2897033ba49/getnavigationstate-doesnt-support-serialization-of-a-parameter-type-which-was-passed-to?forum=winappswithcsharp 

The app was crashing when the navigation stack had a complex object on it. The store page was one of those pages and buying the purchase sends the app to the background causing the crash. 

• Marked as answer by RWSoftware Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:43 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:43 PM

All replies

• This could be many things.I would recommend you open a support case to drill into this further.  You can do this from your dashboard. Choose technical support and go down that route.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 1:09 PM
  • OK I found the problem. It's basically this: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/ad753362-0d52-42b3-8917-b2897033ba49/getnavigationstate-doesnt-support-serialization-of-a-parameter-type-which-was-passed-to?forum=winappswithcsharp 

The app was crashing when the navigation stack had a complex object on it. The store page was one of those pages and buying the purchase sends the app to the background causing the crash. 

• Marked as answer by RWSoftware Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:43 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:43 PM
  • Do you find any workaround to overcome crash?
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:05 PM
  • Yes. See the post above
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:10 PM
  • In your case you have issue in navigation parameter which is of complex type. I have issue when audio is playing in BackgroundAudioPlayer and simultaneously I am trying to do in app purchase. App just crashes in some time after visiting CONFIRM PURCHASE page.
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:29 AM