none
Failed to install VS2017 UWP Workload RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to install VS2017 Community and the main reason is to build Universal Apps, I have chosen the workload "Universal Windows Platform development" yet I keep getting the error:  Failed to install Win10SDK_10.0.15063.UWP

as a workaround from "Visual Studio Known Issues" suggestion on the web advised to install the "Desktop development with C++" and  choose "Windows 10 SDK (10.0.15063.0) for Desktop C++ x86 and x64"  I did that yet I got the same error, I even tried to install the SDK manually from "Microsoft Downloads" and I got "Install did not complete successfully" ......" an error occurred while installing "Windows SDK for UWP managed Apps"

My OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, and Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Sunday, August 27, 2017 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

At the beginning of this issue that I had while installing the VS2017 I suspected that there is something in the installer might have some difficulties, I saw on the internet that someone had the same issue yet after he made the "Creators update" for the windows the problem was solved, I couldn't update the windows so I figured out it would be easier to reinstall the windows again then do the update.

I did that and it actually worked :)

• Marked as answer by ibr.ha Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>I keep getting the error:  Failed to install Win10SDK_10.0.15063.UWP, an error occurred while installing "Windows SDK for UWP managed Apps"

Please provide installation log about the error.

Besides, you can have a look at the thread and check if you have the similar error, if it is, please ensure the Server service is running on your system, by typing the following command in an Admin Command Prompt window:  net start server

refer: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/bfc4c36d-88d3-4b65-9208-580ee1c1d19d/windows-10-sdk-10010240-the-installer-failed-fatal-error-during-installation-error-code?forum=vssetup

If the issue persists, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 28, 2017 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

At the beginning of this issue that I had while installing the VS2017 I suspected that there is something in the installer might have some difficulties, I saw on the internet that someone had the same issue yet after he made the "Creators update" for the windows the problem was solved, I couldn't update the windows so I figured out it would be easier to reinstall the windows again then do the update.

I did that and it actually worked :)

• Marked as answer by ibr.ha Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:59 AM