none
My .NET Framework is pooched, is there a way to force an install? RRS feed

• Question

• Somehow my .NET framework got corrupted and I can't uninstall it or install over it.  Is there some way to force an install over-top of it to get it working again? Or force it's removal to allow me to reinstall it?

I'm running under Windows 8.1.

I tried to use the /NoVersionSetupCheck option on the installer, yet it still checks for a version. :(

A

Adrian

• Edited by A D R I A N Monday, November 2, 2015 1:02 PM
    Monday, November 2, 2015 11:17 AM

Answers

• Thanks Lana,

I just got this now.  When you wrote this, I had been fighting with my work machine since the previous Thursday.  The entire computer crumbling due to the uninstall of MS VS Community failing.  I was very pissed off.  My solution was to dump an older image and work with that.

Very disappointed with MS right now, but thanks for your attempt.  I'll won't be installing any MS products anytime in the near future.

A

I don't mind someone marking a post as "Proposed as answer", but DO NOT mark it as "Answered". If I am the OP, I will decide if a post actually answers my post or not. Thank you.

• Marked as answer by A D R I A N Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:28 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrian ,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since your OS is win 8.1.

Windows 8.1 includes .NET Framework 4.5 development platform by default.

Firstly, If it is the .NET Framework 4.5 has crashed, you may need to use sfc /scannow command to see if there are any system errors and to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Reference link about sfc/scannow command:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Besides, If there are problems with other .NET Framework edition,

I recommend you use .Net Framework setup verification tool to verify the installation state of one or more versions of the .NET Framework on your machine. 

It will verify the presence of files, directories, registry keys and values for the .Net Framework.  It will also verify that simple applications that use the .NET Framework can be run correctly.

Reference download link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

if there is any issue on the .net framework, please use .Net Framework repair tool:

Reference here about Repair tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698555

Repair tool download link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=246062

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 10:23 AM
  • Thanks Lana,

I just got this now.  When you wrote this, I had been fighting with my work machine since the previous Thursday.  The entire computer crumbling due to the uninstall of MS VS Community failing.  I was very pissed off.  My solution was to dump an older image and work with that.

Very disappointed with MS right now, but thanks for your attempt.  I'll won't be installing any MS products anytime in the near future.

A

I don't mind someone marking a post as "Proposed as answer", but DO NOT mark it as "Answered". If I am the OP, I will decide if a post actually answers my post or not. Thank you.

• Marked as answer by A D R I A N Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:28 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Hi Adrian,

I'm sorry that I marked my answer before and I have unmarked the answer now.

I really understand the inconvenience it brings to you.

Please have a good day.:)

Best Regards,

Wen

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:36 AM