none
Visual studio 2017 release date ?

Question

• Hi,

since VS 2017 is RC now, any estimation date for the final release please ?

if not, is it possible to install the RC now and make just "an upgrade" when the final is out ?

Friday, November 18, 2016 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi issam1975,

>>since VS 2017 is RC now, any estimation date for the final release please ?

No final release data for the VS2017 RTM version now, but you can pay attentions to the Microsoft official site and blogs, they will share us the latest information in time.

>>If not, is it possible to install the RC now and make just "an upgrade" when the final is out ?

Generally we can update it directly from the RC to RTM, to use the VS2015 RTM, I have updated the VS2015 RC directly before, so I think the VS2017 version also supports this feature. Of course, if the RTM release, I can help you test it in side:)

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi issam1975,

>>since VS 2017 is RC now, any estimation date for the final release please ?

No final release data for the VS2017 RTM version now, but you can pay attentions to the Microsoft official site and blogs, they will share us the latest information in time.

>>If not, is it possible to install the RC now and make just "an upgrade" when the final is out ?

Generally we can update it directly from the RC to RTM, to use the VS2015 RTM, I have updated the VS2015 RC directly before, so I think the VS2017 version also supports this feature. Of course, if the RTM release, I can help you test it in side:)

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 2:02 AM
  • thanks or sharing your experience .
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:07 PM
  • Just as an Info: Having no release date for a product is the same as Christmas without knowing when it will happen... There is just nothing to look forward to...
    Thursday, December 08, 2016 12:05 PM
  • One friend of mine would say: "Nothing can surprise us... except rain." :-)

Do you know for sure when will be next release of any product?

Could you swear that it will be on that day? I don't think so... there are maybe some roadmaps, but not a sure date.

And, imagine if they say its January 1st? Do this make your life different? No!

Do your work with tools you have, nobody else have better one!

When it will come out, we will all have it.

And, yes, look forward to good health, there are things in life that are going to happen, no matter what you do, but think about those that depends on you personally.

A bit of philosophy, yes, I agree, but how to reply to this in different way?

• Edited by Dejan Rajic Sunday, December 11, 2016 5:11 PM
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 4:52 PM
  • Hi Dejan,

to answer your question: "And, imagine if they say its January 1st. Do this make your life different?"

My answer is: Yes!!! I would really look forward to the first of January :-)

Well I know, I'm 48 years old now, and are supposed to think philosophicaly deeper - but in some things I'm still happy like a kid :-) And I spend around 8 hours a day with Visual Studio, and the new version will save me time, so I look forward to day I can use it for production :-)

My problem is, that there is no real english translation for the thing I really wanted to say. The german word is "Vorfreude". "to look forward to" is not a good translation for it, but it is the best I found...

Kind regards and nice greetings from Germany,
    Markus

Sunday, December 11, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Having an estimate is important for some of us to know. About to start some new development projects and having a date will let me know if possible to explore using VS2017 for its development. Without a date, can't even consider that option.
    Friday, December 16, 2016 3:49 PM
  • 'eager' ist das Wort das du suchst ^^
    Tuesday, February 07, 2017 1:17 PM
  • According to a XAMARIN Newsletter Visual Studio 2017 is Released on the 7. of march. :-)

See also: https://launch.visualstudio.com/

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:19 PM