Problem with Css adapters and IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User-87845182 posted

Hello, i have installed the Css adapters on visual studio 2005.

when i try to build the site it works correctly, but if i copy the file into the web folder of iis it doesn't work.
    (the site works, but all the asp controls are written in html with tables)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:05 AM

All replies

• User580946730 posted

what do you mean by all the asp controls are written in html?  you mean in your browser when you click view source?  of course it will be all html, browsers don't read asp controls they read html 

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:42 AM
  • User-87845182 posted

what do you mean by all the asp controls are written in html?  you mean in your browser when you click view source?  of course it will be all html, browsers don't read asp controls they read html 

[<:o)]
    yes, i know...but in the source of the page (right click-->view source) all the componets, like input fields, buttons, are positioned with a table, not with div and css!

the css adapters doesn't work, because the source of the page is the same (without css) that i have without them.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:14 AM
  • User-534056067 posted

It sounds like you succeeded in using the adapter kit locally but when you tried to use some of these adapters in your own web site things didn't go well. Typically folks find that this is because they didn't follow one of the instructions describe here, http://www.asp.net/cssadapters/whitepaper.aspx#SamplesUsingInYourWebSite. Do I understand your situation correctly? Did you find these instructions helpful? Without a lot more detail about what you are doing and what you are experiencing it's hard to diagnose the problem. It sounds like you are saying that the adapters are simply not "kicking in" at all so your pages are rendering in the default way that ASP.NET (unadapted) do. That could mean that you didn't set up a browser file in your App_Browsers folder. Or maybe you didn't put the adapters in your App_Code folder. In any case, some piece of the puzzle is missing. Let's work together to solve that!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:50 PM
  • User-2051459559 posted

I had exactly the same problem: My menus rendered correctly locally, but not on my hosted web site (where they came out as tables).

I finally solved this by moving my website from its own subdirectory into the root directory. The downside of this is that I am now restricted to just one website per account. Or maybe I just need to ask my host provider to somehow enable the subdirectories I want to use.

Can anyone help with this?

Saturday, September 15, 2007 1:57 PM
  • User-534056067 posted

Yes, you need to be able to put files into the root of a web app. Who is your hosting company?

Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:46 PM
  • User-2051459559 posted

That's exactly what I did (put files into root directory). Whilst this solves the problem, it does impose a limitation: that I can only host one website per account.

Prior to that, I was able to host several websites - all in their own subdirectories. I've tried this with Zen and Orcs, but in both cases the CSS no longer renders correctly.

Monday, September 17, 2007 5:33 AM