Freetextbox Error only in the remote host RRS feed

• Question

• User1449393024 posted

Hi there.

I'm using Freetextbox control in my project.

It's OK when I'm running project in the visual studio but when I upload it in remote host this error happens:

Could not load file or assembly 'FreeTextBox' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Look at the pic:

Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:47 AM

Answers

• User1196771204 posted

hi ehsansh,

Based on the error message you experience, it seems that you did not properly publish your project. The server is unable to locate your FreeTextBox dlll.

Hence, please kindly do the followings:

1. Please open your project in VS Tool
    2. Please right click your project in the Solution Explorer window and please choose "Publish". When asked, simply choose one of your local folders, such as C:\MyProject
    3. Once you published all your files into this folder C:\MyProject, you will see that all your code-behind files, such as .vb or .cs have disappeared.
    4. Next, please just upload whatever files you see on this folder and your FreeTextBox will also load fine.

If this still does not work, clearly that there is something wrong with the server and you need to contact the server admin to have it checked.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps! 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 2:10 AM

All replies

• User-1716253493 posted
    make sure the dll file is already copied in bin folder and your application pool configured with appropriate net version
    Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:10 AM
  • User-42918493 posted

Have you upload FreeTextBox.dll file to your bin folder???? Check that

Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:21 AM
  • User1449393024 posted

It's uploaded.

My host supports .net framework 4.

What shoud I do?

Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:35 AM
  • Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:48 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Hello,

It's uploaded.

If it's already there, try by unblocking the DLL by right clicking on the DLL file and select properties.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:21 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi ehsansh,

Based on the error message you experience, it seems that you did not properly publish your project. The server is unable to locate your FreeTextBox dlll.

Hence, please kindly do the followings:

1. Please open your project in VS Tool
    2. Please right click your project in the Solution Explorer window and please choose "Publish". When asked, simply choose one of your local folders, such as C:\MyProject
    3. Once you published all your files into this folder C:\MyProject, you will see that all your code-behind files, such as .vb or .cs have disappeared.
    4. Next, please just upload whatever files you see on this folder and your FreeTextBox will also load fine.

If this still does not work, clearly that there is something wrong with the server and you need to contact the server admin to have it checked.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps! 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 2:10 AM