none
Windows 10 - .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know what's the difference between NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services and .NET Framework 3.5.

Both are on Windows Features, but only the 4.6 has the box checked.

Some days ago Windows Update tried to install  "Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package.cab", but it failed.

I would like to know the difference between them and what should I do for to have this update.

Thank you in advance.

p.s. I tried to install, and this is what happens: "The system cannot find the file specified"

Error code: 0x800700002

Monday, November 21, 2016 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Mniels,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your question about the difference between .Net Framework 4.6 and 3.5 :

Windows 10 (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 4.6 as an OS component, and it is installed by default.  It also includes the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 as an OS component that is not installed by default.  The .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.

>> "Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package.cab", but it failed.

According to this error message, please check if you have install the .NET Framework well:

If not, please install the .Net Framework 3.5 on Win 10.

You could run with this simple command :

Dism /Online /add-package /packagepath:”E:\sources\sxs\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.Cab”

About detailed steps, please refer to:

http://www.osd-couture.com/2015/07/mdt-2013-u1-how-to-install-net.html#!/2015/07/mdt-2013-u1-how-to-install-net.html

>>The system cannot find the file specified" Error code: 0x800700002

This error code occurs if an alternative installation source is not specified or is invalid and if the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair Group Policy setting is configured to "Never attempt to download payload from Windows Update."

To fix this problem, review the policy setting to determine whether it is appropriate for your environment. If you do not want to download feature payloads from Windows Update, consider configuring the "Alternate source file path" value in the Group policy setting.

Refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2734782

After doing the above steps, you may check all the other Windows update and make all patches up.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Hi Mniels,

Is there any update about this issue?

Have you solved this issue successfully?

Would you mind sharing us your solution and result here?

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, It will benefit other members who have similar questions.

Or if the error still persists, please feel free to let me know, I will help you for further troubleshoot.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 2, 2016 1:51 AM
  •  Thank you for trying to help me, but didn't work.

Microsoft update tried to install 3x, but failed.

I don't have much knowledge about the system, so I'll let the way it is.

Thank you for your attention.

My best

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:10 PM
  • Hi Mniels,

Thanks for your update.

If you have any question about installing the update, you could go to the following forum for dedicated support:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 5, 2016 1:30 AM