Is Inactive Relationship automatic in Power BI Desktop? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I am trying to use SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR in CALCULATE. My formula did not work because I cannot have a relationship between the Data Table and the Fact Table. So I was intending to use an inactive relationship and then activate it with the USERELATIONSHIP function, but when I checked the formula it was working without having to use the USERELATIONSHIP function in CALCULATE. Has Power BI Desktop updated to let functions automatically use an inactive relationship, if that is the only relationship from the Date Table to the Fact table?

To repeat: My CALCULATE SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR  Measure works when I create the inactive relationship and I DON"T use the USERELATIONSHIP function. Then when I delete the inactive relationship, the does NOT work.

Any ideas?

Sincerely, Mike Girvin

Sincerely, Mike Girvin

Saturday, September 16, 2017 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your question.

According to your description, your problem is more related to PowerBI. Since our forum is discussing Power Pivot issue, to solve your question more efficiently, please post your question in PowerBI forum: http://community.powerbi.com ,you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:23 AM