none
Border of table field not shown correctly. RDLC VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have the following problem: i have got a report with a couple of subreports consisting only of one table that displays rows for an order. At the end of each subreport the total is shown(still in the table for formatting reasons) and it needs a (double lined)line on top to show that is the total. The problem is that are two colums next to each other that need to be "covered" by the line. Now when displaying the line there is small but very noticeable break where the two fields meet.

Is there anything i can do to get arround this or may be put a line in a different way in the table. The line from the toolbox does not work because it can't be placed on top of a table.

This is all in Visual Studio 2010, RDLC, win forms project.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi.......Max_L

If you want to Display double border on total Then just follow below steps

1) Select that cell by one click on It.

2) Now Press F4. You will show The property of selected Cell.

3) Now Set the BorderStyle = Double  and Width = 0.5pt.

and That's it.

If you want to Display whole line with double order then select whole line and just follow above set. You will get your solution.

Each and every cell,row and columns has its own order property you can set left,right,top,bottom indivitually. so check it out.

If you not get the solution from above information then there is one more idea to display your total with double border.

Just rigth click on footer row at most left side and select "Insert New row above" and set the BorderWidth = 1.0 of it.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:22 AM
  • I think you did not understand my real problem, i have no problems with displaying double lines etc.

My problem is that there are two fields that should have double line on top.
    Like this(i can only make single lines here in the text field so please ignore that):

But it looks like this with a small break in the middle where the fields meet.
    ________ _______
    Field 1        Field 2

I cant show pictures because i cant upload anywhere while at work.

The horizontal line has small break where it would be met by the vertical line.
    All this is done in a table.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:45 PM