Getting Access denied when trying to save changes to workflows RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to make changes to the Sharepoint designer workflows that were created in June 2008.  However, when I try to save the changes, I get the error  access denied. Though it does seem to save the changes.

However, if i log directly on the server I am able to make changes directly on the server. 

I also have the same issue when i try to start workflows manually

I found some help things on google but I looking for a better way

So we started to use the workflows. I went to the secretary who had to start a workflow manually. When she clicked on the workflow of a document, she got the error Access denied!!! What could this be? I try upgrading the rights ending up giving her full acces. Still access denied???

Then I started to google because a trigger in my mind jumped: Then I thought it was a SharePoint problem. And the triggerd fired correclty. It seems that when you create a workflow with  SharePoint designer, the workflow will work for all users who have access to the list. But users who are added after you created the workflow will not have access to start the workflow manually. There was only one working solution I found on http://www.sharepointu.com/forums/t/2088.aspx

But I was not in the mood to use the proposed workaround (backup and restore entire site). After looking some more I realized that it could only be solved with a work around, Microsoft has no solutions. So I found an easier workaround:

Copy the workflow. Rename it as described here earlier on this blog. Open the workflow and connect it to the list. Now the new users have access. When you add users after the work around, they again will not have access and you will need to perform this workaround again.This is not solved by any workaround!

• Moved by justingrant Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:28 AM wrong forum - moving to a more appropriate one (Moved from MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback to SharePoint - Workflow)
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:24 PM