none
Old aerial imagery? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm a student studying shoreline change and I was just wondering if it is possible to access bing's old aerial imagery?

Also, when looking at imagery, is it possible to find out the date (or year) the image was taken?

Any help much appreciated!
    Many thanks:)

Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:30 PM

Answers

• It's not possible to access older bing maps aerial imagery. However the current imagery in many areas is fairly old. There is a number of big updates planned over the next few months, so you might want to look at the current imagery now and the newer imagery in a few months. As for getting the data of when an image was captured, there is the Bing Maps REST imagery metadata service which provides this information.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:46 PM

All replies

• It's not possible to access older bing maps aerial imagery. However the current imagery in many areas is fairly old. There is a number of big updates planned over the next few months, so you might want to look at the current imagery now and the newer imagery in a few months. As for getting the data of when an image was captured, there is the Bing Maps REST imagery metadata service which provides this information.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:46 PM
  • I have the same problem.

After some search, I've found a turnaround, using this site: http://mvexel.dev.openstreetmap.org/bing/#
    that is intended to show the imagery date used in bing maps, but you can set the "analysis lyr opacity" to 0 and you got the old bing maps!

Hope it can help...

Regards,

Candido Rodrigues

Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:16 PM