none
Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ScreenUpdating = true equivalent in PowerPoint add in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am trying to fetch doc id from share Point and assigning it to shapes at the last page of slides , I am able to get it all correct but facing below problem

Whenever I am getting the latest version from SharePoint it does not get reflected on the spot , we have to go to another slide and then again have to come back on the slide.

so I got somewhere in word add in screenupdating will work in this scenario but I am not getting this property for PowerPoint add in

Thanks

Regards Abhi
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhi,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I would recommend your show me your snippet for reproduce your issue. To clarify the issue, please pay attention to following options:

1.         Your SharePoint version.

2.         Your PowerPoint version.

3.         Your VSTO runtime version.

4.         Your Visual Studio version.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, February 3, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Hi Tom

Thanks for ur response

I am using

1) SP 2010 enterprise edition

2) PowerPoint 2007

3) VSTO Runtime (3.5)

4) VS 2010

But Tom I don't have any problem in accessing the doc id from share point and assigning it to shape.Text but the problem is that

Suppose this shape is on back page of slide and I am on that page it self and I have written a code to fetch the doc id from SP 2010 in Save Event of PowerPoint and updating the Shape.text with the latest Doc Id.

The problem is that shape.text got the correct id but it is visible only when I click on some other slide and come back to back page .

Thanks

Regards Abhi
    Friday, February 3, 2012 11:37 AM
  • Hi Abhi,

Sorry for late response.

Do you try to download the pptx and open it on local machine?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Thanks Tom,

Yes I am opening pptx from the browser

Regards Abhi

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Hi abhi_engr,

As VSTO only works for the file which on local machine. I would recommend you try to open the pptx on your hard disk.

Have a goo day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Thanks Tom for replying , but my question is as we have Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ScreenUpdating properties in word add in , do we have this property in PowerPoint add-in

Regards Abhi

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:39 AM
  • I looked at the Developer Reference for PowerPoint and do not find that property listed and I take it that you have tried the command and it failed  ... so I would say that it does not exist.

If you do not want the user seeing the interaction, you could by using the Application.WindowState method minimize the PPT window and then reset it to it's previous setting after your processing is complete.  And another method might be to use a Range versus a Select when you work with the various slides in the deck.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Friday, February 24, 2012 1:56 PM