none
Workaround during connection failure during data pulling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

Want to get advice for the below scenario:

One of the business application is developed in .NET 4.5 in VSTO with Excel application as front end. In this application there is an option to pull the business data retrieval where it pulls the data from different SQL databases thru SP's using ado.net architecture. Once the data is received then we load into the excel object so that manual conciliation is done.

The problem occurs during when data is retrieved during business hours, the connection get dropped off or hanged up due to network connection issue, this is repeatedly facing the reference error issue in the application.

Is there any way to overcome such scenario in general? Or any workaround to improve the bulk data retrieval?

Srinivasan Baskaran, Technology Architect, Infosys Technology Limited, India

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Srinivasan,

VSTO doesn't provide anything for that. Try posting to the Excel for Developers forum instead.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:45 PM
  • Eugene

I have posted the same question under the Excel for Developers. Will check to see if I get some clues..

Srinivasan Baskaran, Technology Architect, Infosys Technology Limited, India

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:53 PM
  • Hi Srinivasan,

Based on my understanding, using ADO.Net is as normal in the Office solution as in other application. We need to handle the exception ourself.

And for operating the bulk data from SQL server, you can refer to the link below:
    Bulk Copy Operations in SQL Server

And we can also bind the data to the constrol in Office solution. You can get more detail about this topic from link below:
    Binding Data to Controls in Office Solutions

If you still have the issue about ADO.Net developing, I suggest that you reopen a new thread in forum below:
    ADO.NET Managed Providers

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:02 AM