none
Multi system installation management (sync?)

Question

• Hi, I'm relatively new to VS2015 Community Edition, even more so to the forums so I apologies if this is in the incorrect place.  

My question is a simple one. (I hope with a simple solution :P )

I currently have both a desktop and laptop both running windows 10 with VS2015 CE installed. I have different extensions installed on both installations. Is there a way to "sync" or unify these across both installations? 

Also, I was wonder if it is possible to copy an installation and run from a USB drive or pen?

I'm looking into setting up GIT to keep all projects together easier, but managing the installation is awkward.

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

~Kris

Saturday, June 04, 2016 1:53 PM

Answers

• Just an update;

Found an extension called 'Roaming Extension Manager' seems decent for 'syncing' installed extensions across multiple systems. I you need to be signed into Visual Studio.

Thank to those that took the time to read the post. Hope my reply is helpful to others.

~Kris

Saturday, June 04, 2016 9:46 PM

All replies

• Just an update;

Found an extension called 'Roaming Extension Manager' seems decent for 'syncing' installed extensions across multiple systems. I you need to be signed into Visual Studio.

Thank to those that took the time to read the post. Hope my reply is helpful to others.

~Kris

Saturday, June 04, 2016 9:46 PM
  • Hi Kris,

Thanks for sharing your idea here. And if possible, please mark your reply as the answer , so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly.

Have a nice day,

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, June 06, 2016 3:23 AM