how to provide system.diagnostics.performancecounter impersonation through c#? RRS feed

• Question

• i have used the following code,
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {

PerformanceCounterCategory cat = new PerformanceCounterCategory("Processor", "172.16.2.171");
    List<PerformanceCounter> counters = new List<PerformanceCounter>();
    foreach (string instance in cat.GetInstanceNames())
    counters.Add(new PerformanceCounter("Processor", "% Processor Time", instance, "172.16.2.171"));
    for (int i = 0; i < 10000; i++)
    {
    foreach (PerformanceCounter counter in counters)
    Console.Write(counter.NextValue() + " ");
    }

}

it results the "Access is Denied Error", the remote system has the credentials suchas domainname, username, password . how can i provide credentials in performancecounter class to obtain the remote system performance
    • Moved by Bob Shen Monday, May 6, 2013 7:53 AM
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Gomathi,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Would you like to try this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246758 

This article describes how to use Performance Monitor and the Datalog.exe file that is included with Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Resource Kit to log data and generate alerts on a remote computer without having to log on to it.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Mike Feng Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Gomathi,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Would you like to try this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246758 

This article describes how to use Performance Monitor and the Datalog.exe file that is included with Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Resource Kit to log data and generate alerts on a remote computer without having to log on to it.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Mike Feng Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:36 AM
  • Add the user account which runs the application to the  Performance Monitor Users group on the remote machine.
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:51 PM
  • Oops! I accidentally clicked the Vote button. I was looking for a button that would mark the answer as completely useless...  NT 4 != helpful.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:02 PM